[Tigers] Accelerator Pedal Slipping

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Accelerator Pedal Slipping
From: "John Stithem" <mai65tai@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:24:15 -0700
Anyone have a good way of keeping the accelerator pedal from slipping.

During hard acceleration (autocross racing and Hillclimbs) I find the
accelerator pedal has slipped at the pinch joint where it is attached to the
floorboard. I have tried to tighten it and have had to go a small Grade 8
bolt (kept snapping the lesser bolts) just to pinch it hard enough to get it
to work for daily driving. I find after each run while racingI have to
reach down and pull the pedal back up into the correct position.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Virginia City Hillclimbs are in 1 = weeks----how many Tigers are going?

John Stithem