Re: [Tigers] Accelerator Pedal Slipping

To: <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, "'John Stithem'" <mai65tai@sonic.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Accelerator Pedal Slipping
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 17:54:23 -0400
Duke
        Excellent reply.  I have always just recommended cutting the slot
bigger to get more clamp force.  I did not think about knurling the shaft.
I like that idea.

        Knurling the shaft is the term generally used for making grooves in
the shaft.   Knurling does not cut the metal it rolls the pattern into the
metal.  This work hardens the metal or it should work harden the metal;
which should give a harder and better surface to clamp on.

        You would probably need a gap bed lathe or a manual tool if they
exist for this job.

Ron