Re: [Tigers] Tire camber - non Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tire camber - non Tiger
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 19:26:21 -0700
Thank you for the link.  I read five pages deep. This is what I got from it:

1. The concept seems best suited for cars that won't/can't be adjusted to a
desirable camber level. The limitation may be design or class rules.

2. Apparently certain race tires have been "cut" with camber dialed in for
many years. While it may not be as specific as this camber tire concept the
idea in principle seems have a "history."

3. There were a fair number of people who questioned what I did.  That
primarily being as the larger, outer edge has cornering forces applied the
effect would be for the tire to roll up on its outer edge (the larger outer
edge) and cause the smaller inner portion of the tire to lift off the ground
negating the purpose of this specialized tire.

That said apparently the bumble bee isn't suppose to fly either, so I assume
anything is possible.

Tom