[Tigers] Tiger paint and finish

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, Thomas Witt
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger paint and finish
From: Gabbard Gabbard <gabbardalex@att.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:03:08 -0700 (PDT)
As of yesterday, my Mk I (B9471808) has been hulled out for restoration. It
was
originally paint code 1 (black), subsequently painted white on the
exterior by a
previous owner who did a quick put-together for quick sale,
having bought the
car as divorce parting from an owner of two Tigers. I
bought the car in the
mid-1970s, so I know it's history since. Evidence
points to this disassembly
being the first for the car with no significant
body damage anywhere, as in
wreck repair.

Under the dash pad is gloss
black. The engine bay paint scheme I found is as
follows:
1. removal of the
spec plate reveals gloss black and assembler's crayon marking
91
2. removal
of the hood latch assembly and heater core reveals gloss black in
body

3.
removal of the voltage reg plate reveals gloss black on the body plate
4.
behind the lower finisher & inside the mouth is satin black spray, no brush
strokes.

I believe these features to be definitive for this car that has its
original
engine to rear axle driveline, about 50k miles. The underside was
coated, likely
done close to as-purchased, that subsequently protected the
metal yielding
slight rust. I plan to have the car on display with my Mk II
during June Juant
2011.

Alex Gabbard