Re: [Tigers] Tiger lockout shifter

To: "Gabbard Gabbard" <gabbardalex@att.net>, "michael king"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger lockout shifter
From: "denis mercier" <denismercier@telvic.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:35:28 -0400
Hi.
To dismantle the shifter follow these instructions.....
1-Remove (unscrew) the shifter knob, remove the spring inside. There is a
cable who hold the (T( and the reverse lock at the bottom.
2-You have to use a acetylene/oxygen torch to heat the bottom of the shifter
and by the same time you heat the bottom, hold the (T( like to shift in
reverse.
3- When the cable is unsolded, you just have to pull the cable by the upside
of the shifter.
4-To assemble the shifter reverse the procedure, you have to weld the cable
by the bottom with acetylene/oxygen torch and bronze.
5-You have to say to the re-chrome guy (does not thicken to much the
(T(reverse handle( the (T(handle have to pass inside the hole in shifter !
         Denis Mercier
         B382000926LRXFE