Re: [Tigers] Engine Temperature

To: <al@airtest.us>, <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, "denis mercier"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Engine Temperature
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:47:08 -0300
Re: [Tigers] Engine TemperatureI agree with Al regarding the wide variation in
temperatures around the cooling system of your car.
I was really surprised at the variance in different locations just on the
radiator itself. The tape idea for getting a reading is neat -I never thought
of that. But I chose the location of the temperature sending unit in the
intake manifold to calibrate my gauge, as that is where Ford decided the
reading should be taken. Perhaps putting the tape adjacent to the sending unit
is the best idea? Interesting.

Dave