Re: [Tigers] non Tiger-battery

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <v8tracker@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] non Tiger-battery
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:04:59 -0400
Mark
        The felt washer can work; you need to put ATF or grease on them and
maintain them that way.

The biggest problem is that as the battery charges it outgases and carries
some acid with it.  The acid collects on the top of the battery which
completes the circuit, which promotes corrosion and battery drain.  The felt
washers with ATF or grease or most any grease at the posts will stop or slow
the migration of the acid to the terminals.  So grease your terminals, cable
connections and clean any acid off the battery.

Ron Fraser