[Tigers] Mk1 Soft Cover Compartment

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Mk1 Soft Cover Compartment
From: "James Lindner" <jliny5@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 19:07:54 -0400
Hi All

I have noticed that on my Mk1 the edges of the side and rear body panels of
the soft cover compartment seem to suffer excessively from wear and tear, to
the point where they are chipped along the edges, especially at the corners of
the panels where side and rear panel come together. I have noticed this on
some other Mk1's as well. As much as I like the look of the a soft cover
compartment with the hard body panels, the entire set up seems somewhat
ill-conceived. When opening or closing the compartment I find it is almost
impossible to not rub the edges of the side and rear panels against each
other, often adversely impacting the paint finish at the corners or along the
edges of these panels.

I was just curious if others have experienced this and what if anything can be
done about it...other than always driving with the top down. The finish on the
rest of the car is awesome and I want to get the panels refinished...but I
worry about the same thing happening again the first time I open and close the
compartment.

Thanks,

Jim Lindner
B9470033