Re: [Tigers] Air cleaner lock

To: "awtiger" <awtiger@cox.net>, <CoolVT@aol.com>, <BOBCARNUT@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Air cleaner lock
From: "bob webb" <bobjeanbeams@roadrunner.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:19:08 -0500
i have to agree with andy. the wife and i start out going to mainly british
shows early spring and go to at least one or two a month up thru october.
and most are not close to home. i have always noticed that the folks that
come to shows of this type appreciate the cars and do not come to steal from
other owners. common sense should tell you that if other owners saw someone
tampering with and trying to remove a part from a car, their rears would be
grass. i have never seen every owner of a sunbeam absent from the cars. the
only time i know of sunbeam parts being stolen from several of us was in the
parts room at last years suni and i think an earlier suni when someone stole
a tiger radiator from one of the vendors. last year had to be a mk2 owner
since some of the parts he took were mk2 tiger only. i have seen owners of
other marques ask spectators not to touch the cars of others. trust and
faith in others has to prevail. also make sure your insurance is up to date.
i can't wait for the snow to go away so we can start going to shows and
vintage meets. the 24 hours of daytona is beginning to look awful inviting!