[Tigers] (no subject)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 06:29:59 -0500
">
> Did any hardtops come from the factory vinyl covered?
>
> I have assumed "no" in the past; and that my hardtop's vinyl covering was

> put
> on by the PO.
>
> HOWEVER...Taylor's book TIGER the making of a sports car...page
> 182...discusses seven MKII Tigers bought by the dealer
> Alan Hartwell.
>
> "The sixth car (which had a vinyl covered hardtop) Hartwell kept for his
> personal use..."

By my records, there's no mention of who performed the vinyl covering
installation
for Alan's Mark II. It's been photographed at least thrice for publication:
For the first edition(1979) of Mike Taylors book, for the cover and inside
article
for Thoroughbred & Classic magazine February 1979 (reg# TNT9), and the January
1996 Thoroughbred & Classic (now reg# TGR 747) and now owned by Brian Postle.
Also, it's no longer Orchid Green, according to Brian. I think someone else
told me it's now some shade of blue and was changed about five years ago.
Incidently,
the last Mark II serial number(VIN)#633 belongs to another Orchid Green Mark
II, owned by Graham Vickery. It sports the standard steel wheel, trim ring,
and hub cap look, and is rarely photographed with a hardtop, and I don't think
its vinyl covered. Graham can correct me if I'm wrong. I can dig up Brians
serial
number later, I'm off to work.

RB