Re: [Tigers] Hardtops

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hardtops
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 12:25:01 +1100
On 3 January 2011 09:32, Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net> wrote:

> Another hardtop question....
>
> Did any hardtops come from the factory vinyl covered?
>
> I have assumed "no" in the past; and that my hardtop's vinyl covering was
> put
> on by the PO.
>
> HOWEVER...Taylor's book TIGER the making of a sports car...page
> 182...discusses seven MKII Tigers bought by the dealer
> Alan Hartwell.
>
> "The sixth car (which had a vinyl covered hardtop) Hartwell kept for his
> personal use..."
>
> Allan,

None of the tops came from the factory with a vynil covered top, however it
was a popular period modification on the cars, As for the Hartwell 6, all
those mKII's got speced up with options, tech-del minilite wheels and in the
case of the baby spew green MKII (factory called it orchid) it got a vynil
top, that was the last Tiger made. Thought there was the bluw MKII that was
for sale in the UK that was a hartwell car and i am not sure if that was the
one owned by hartwell as oposed to the last tiger.

--
Regards

Michael King