Re: [Tigers] Dash Veneer

To: tigers@autox.team.net, "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dash Veneer
From: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:33:28 -0500
"But what is that big red button (warning light?) between the fuel gauge and
the clock?"

I don't know where that particular Tiger was purchased or what model year it
was, but when I got my Tiger in October of '66 (registered as a '67), there
were some new safety laws in NY.  Among other things, seat belts and a four-way
flasher were required.  In my case the dealer drilled a big honkin' hole in my
dash and mounted the four-way flasher there.  It was one of those things that
had a red cover over the bulb that you pulled out to activate them.  The one in
Joe's dash looks to be similar.  When I redid my dash, I got rid of it and
replaced it with a small toggle switch mounted in an auxiliary panel.  There is
a tip about doing it in the CAT Notes.  Constantine's, BTW, is the best source
for veneer.  As someone else said, you can probably sell what you don't use to
someone else.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE