[Tigers] Steve's yellow Tiger

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Steve's yellow Tiger
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 06:55:09 -0500
"Steve Towle told me once that his yellow Tiger (one of two + a V6
Alpine) was painted the same color as his early Mercury Cougar ('68?)
It is a nice color.  The "pea-green" Tiger, I think, was a stock color,
at least for the Tiger II, and was known as Orchid Green.  Others have
referred to it as "baby-sh** green".  Graham Vickery's Tiger II, thought
to be the last one off the assembly line was painted (and remains) that
color.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE"

Hi,
As I've already told Peter as well as Ron Fraser, I've been around this car
for 20 years, I knew the color wasn't stock, but still stunning, and yet didn't
have the presence of mind to ask Steve what car the color came from.

Again as I told them, I had a '56 Ford Ranch Wagon repainted in a very similar
color used on the '66 Mustang called Yellow (code 8)and supposedly a carryover
color from the 64 1/2 and '65 Mustang, then called Sunshine Yellow (code V).

Kudos to Tod for learning where the color was used before. According to a sales
folder, this color used on the 1968 Cougar was called Saxony (Yellow)(their
parenthesis), but I don't have the code.

Also, as I mentioned to others, Steve told me at the United in Maine that this
car was made a wedding gift to his daughter. In addition to the unique color,
it's a 302 with a Cruise-O-Matic, and it's a sweet ride.

RB
B382000048LRXFE