Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 31

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 31
From: Mike Baskette <mikebaskette@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 15:10:45 -0800 (PST)
I'm am no expert on the block issue, come to think of it, I'm no expert.  If
you check MustangTek you will see that the 289 block was started in 1963
(C3OE-6015-B),  4.0 bore.  I have one stashed in the garage..  The machinist
believes it has never been bored.  These of course are three freeze plug
blocks

There is a gray area when it comes to date specific castings.  I know some
savy Ford guys and they only hazard a guess concerning the blocks.  Also Ford
didn't start casting the numbers 289 in the valley of the engine
until??????????? '65,'66?

Were there some 289's thrown into the mix when shipped to the U.K.......who
knows.  All the parts bolt up to one another.......right?

Mike