Re: [Tigers] factory 260 hipo

To: "spook01@comcast.net" <spook01@comcast.net>, Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] factory 260 hipo
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:55:58 -0800
Yup,

All the LAT options are shown on TigersUnited.com, including pictures
and the original price list, and is accessible from every page on the
bottom menu:

"LAT and Dealer Options"

LAT 51 - 54 crown wheel for the LAT 50 LSD was solely required because
the LAT 50 was the U.S. built DANA 44, as were the ring gears/./ and the
stock differential from England, had different threads on the ring gear.
all from the US. (Dana owned both companies).

Direct Link:

http://tigersunited.com/resources/parts_service/lat.asp

This contains the original 1966 letter by Ian Garrard, President of
International Automobiles.

But, I believe *all* the parts were being developed for Ian
Garrard,President of International Automobiles, Inc. - the West Coast
distributor, and under the direction of R.G. Wheatley of the Tiger
Division, and sourced in the USA, and  Vic Edelbrock offered the Hi Po
intake manifold.  Later options were developed by Doane Spencer of
Hollywood Motors.  That LAT-1 "Super Induction Kit, from Vic Edelbrock,
retailed for $140, and the Dealer Net was $88.50, according to the
included price list.

Later on, When Chrysler took over Sunbeam, the valve covers, LAT 2/LAT
8, no longer said "Powered by Ford", as an example of the product
"improvements" Chrysler made.

Have fun, there is a LOT of information to be gleaned from this web site.

Steve

/Steve Laifman/

/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>