Re: [Tigers] Factory 289 in Mk1...?

To: "spook01@comcast.net" <spook01@comcast.net>, Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Factory 289 in Mk1...?
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 22:10:22 -0800
I got lost in that "go-around".  I believe that Bob Hokanson was biting
his tongue in his cheek when he wrote that reply, I believe, as a joke.

Shelby had NOTHING to do with which Ford engine he got for his early
Cobra's and the Sunbeam Tiger's.  At that time, Ford was still
developing the 289 for the Mustang, and wouldn't/couldn't release a
developmental engine that would cripple it's availability for the Mustang.

The negotiations for the Tiger were between Lord Rootes, and Ford, in
any event.

They ALL got 289's, when they became available from production.

Steve

/Steve Laifman/

/Editor - /*/TigersUnited.com/* <http://www.tigersunited.com>