[Tigers] More cubes for the Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] More cubes for the Tiger
From: "Mountjoy" <dsmtjoy@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 01:23:03 -0800
The 289 Cobra weighs in at 2030#, not 2300#.
Darrell

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:15:30 -0600
From: " spook01@comcast.net " <spook01@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More cubes for the Tiger
To: " Tony Somebody " <achd73@yahoo.com>, tigers@autox.team.net, "
Jeffrey Nichols " <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>

No doubt shelby was screwing the competition, but having driven both the 260
and 289 cobra s at speed, as well as the tiger...uh, well, maybe not. The
cobra is lighter (260 version just over 2000#, the 289 at 2300#, tiger at
2600# ), as well as more stable (90 vs.80" wb)
Even the early cobra suspension is much more compliant and forgiving than
the tiger, with limited travel, mis matched track, and bizarre ackermann
angles.
That doesn't mean I don't love my tigger.  Sadly, they were just never
developed, leaving a lot of scope for tom, et al. to make them go.
(let go of my leg, kitty)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone