[Tigers] Mercum 80K Tiger

To: Tiger Talk List Tiger <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Mercum 80K Tiger
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 12:25:18 +1100
I didnt realise that the tiger at mercum that has apparently sold for 80K
was this one:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0111-104372&entryRow=1283

I have no issue witht he price of tigers gogin up etc.. greater value =
better parts supply and support, however i wonder how educated this buyer
was. As i stated in a previous post this car was restored bya  shop and then
they spent the next 2 years trying to sell it (for about 45-50K IIRC) The
resto was OK, many detail errors and many things were just worked over not
done to a high level.

There are also many detail errors on the car and simple things like the way
they have done the hoos covering at the back are wrong. I will try and fid
the resto shots i saved of this car and other details and post them, all i
have to think is some people are jumping on the shelby link and hoping like
the mustangs they will rise in value quicly.. the problem is that if those
buyers are in there pushing the values up artificaly quickly there is a
chance it will damage the long term value of the cars as they may well
crash.

Just my .02c:

--
Regards