[Tigers] Tiger Seats

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Seats
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 14:13:47 -0500 (EST)
I've been redoing my seats and, so far, have them apart,  I  would like
to replace the cardboard on the back of the seat frames.   Does anyone have
any
advice?
Tod

Tod,
This may be overkill but I replaced the back of my seats with thin
galvanized steel pop riveted to the frame. I peened the edges over the tubing,
filed any sharp edges and then glued on a sheet of thin foam before I put the
covers on. The steel added structural stiffening the flexible frame and
because of the curve of the seat frame, it has held it's shape for the last
sixteen years.

John Logan