[Tigers] A duh moment

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] A duh moment
From: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 21:40:53 -0700
This is probably obvious to most but maybe someone will learn from my
mistake.

I just finished installing my new 289 engine and newly rebuilt crossmember
and did some measuring to make sure I got the right starter.  After doing
some reading I came across a discussion about differences between
bellhousings and flywheels.   That got me to thinking.  When I had my engine
built, the builder noticed that I had a 164 tooth flywheel and thought I
should use a 157 tooth flywheel in the Tiger.  Makes sense.  It never
occured to me that the bellhousing I had acquired years ago ( hard to find
narrow bolt pattern toploader to 6 bolt engine case ) that came out of my
previous Tiger, might not work.  It came out of a Tiger with a 289 after
all.

Well, I just measured the starter location.  Turns out it is a bellhousing
for a 164 tooth flywheel.  I am so screwed.  I was already on a tight
schedule getting the Tiger ready for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb.

Take care,
Bob