Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Issues--Update

To: "'James Lindner'" <jliny5@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Issues--Update
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:16:55 -0400
Jim
        The SU fuel pump can be finicky;  I had to tickle mine once for a
couple hundred miles.

I believe you can still buy points which will usually get you running again.

There is a section in the Shop Manual for setting the points; you might want
to check that first.

If you Google SU fuel pump; there is a guy on there that rebuilds the pumps
and test them he may even have the electronic conversion to eliminate the
points.  If you want the web site I will have to look for it I know I have
it here somewhere.

I finally change my fuel pump.  There are a few on demand pumps out there or
at least there were the last time I looked.

Ron Fraser