Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:16:59 -0400
Don't ask, Tom ;-)

Actually, I just set the thermostat at about 45 degrees.  The heat is
mainly to remove moisture, and to "preheat" the garage for when I want
to go out there to work.  De-humidifiers by themselves don't work in the
cold.  And we can have 50 degree swings in temperature during the day,
which will cause condensing moisture, which is of course the worst.  So
got to keep that relative humidity down, as well as the temp swings year
'round.  Only costs me a couple hundred dollars per year in the SW VA
mountains.

I grew up in Manhattan Beach.  While you don't have the problems in
SoCal we do, I remember all of my dad's tools rusting out in the garage
in no time from the salt air.  I'm in the West Indies right now and just
sold my Mini-Moke this week to a friend - got tired of having to get it
stripped and repainted every 3 years from the salt air and high humidity....

Chris