Re: [Tigers] Dropping the engine

To: Jeff Holt <jeff.holt7@gmail.com>, genepadgett@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Dropping the engine
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 15:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
Jeff, my 2 cents worth is about while you have the engine out. Now is the time
to make sure to seal all air leaks to consider insulation on the firewall to
keep the heat and cold out, depending on where you live and if you drive your
Tiger in cold weather as I do.Check to see there are no cob webs, mud dobbers
nest etc. in the heater box drain or the vent box drains if u have a Mk1a or
Mk2. Replace all the plugs in the firewall that may have deteriorated and you
may also consider insulating the tranny tunnel although the best insulation is
on the top side in under the carpet. Now is also the time to add that extra
protection besides the 2 fuses the King of Darkness provided in the original
harness. Also inspect the original welds around the tubes that the cross
member bolts screw into. Often paint can hide the fatigue of these very
important welds located on both the top and bottom of the frame rails. There
are articles on the Tigers United web site
 about insulating and although I haven't read it, I'm sure about the tubes in
the frame rails and if you think you want to add another fuse block, there are
members who have done so who will gladly tell you which doner car or where
they purchased same also the Tiger United web site may well cover this subject
also.
Cheers, TonytheTiger