Re: [Tigers] that wonderful vintage hammer sound.

To: "'Dave Munroe'" <dave@munroe.ca>, <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] that wonderful vintage hammer sound.
From: Cullen McCann <clarkwgriswold2nd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 15:42:49 -0500
I agree...I was thinking the same thing when  I saw Owain's comment...but
then I realized that the rattley solid lifters have a distinct sound for
sure, one that a lot of people WANT in their motors. The hydraulic roller
motors are much quieter, and by "my generation" standard...quieter engine
noises is perceived as nicer...less like blown exhaust gaskets, flat lobes,
dead lifters, valve train out of adjustment or hitting valve covers too
short.  ;)

But in all honesty, solid roller motors are cool in their own right, I have
a stroke Windsor in a kit car that is solid roller and its super cool, but
all my younger friends think its falling apart.

It all depends on what you are use to....and the exhaust note in a hydraulic
roller is INCREDIBLE....

Cullen