Re: [Tigers] that wonderful vintage hammer sound.

To: owain.lloyd@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] that wonderful vintage hammer sound.
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 09:03:42 +1100
I have noticed that the old flat tappet motors (especially with a few mods)
have a much harder more intense sound as they rev. They get a more metalic
scream if thats a fair description. The modern firring order and roller cam
setups give a very nice smooth hard sound.. but its more base and even.. the
old motors really have a hard edge to them.