Re: [Tigers] Fwd: sticky situation

To: laurin212@yahoo.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fwd: sticky situation
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 21:52:20 -0400 (EDT)
If you have them out I would suggest taking them to a  dry cleaning company
and ask them.  Shouldn't cost much and you would be  surprised the crap
they can get out.
Mark

In a message dated 6/12/2011 8:58:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
laurin212@yahoo.com writes:

resending (thinking it didnt go thru ystday as i only got my email  with no
body attached)

> From: Peter Laurinaitis  <laurin212@yahoo.com>
> Date: June 11, 2011 7:57:05 PM EDT
>  To: Tiger List List <tigers@autox.team.net>
> Subject: sticky  situation
>
> Two separate issues, but similar ... on one of my  tigers the clutch
master
cylinder leaked a bunch of fluid soaking my  carpet/padding, and on another
tiger, the heater core blew a leak soaking  my carpets/padding with coolant.
on both, the padding under the carpet  seems to have absorbed most of the
fluid.  Ive pulled the carpets out,  but the saturated padding and carpet
doesnt seem to dry at all, at least in  the last week or so it hasnt.  Whats
the best way to dry these out, or  will they never really dry given we are
talking brake fluid and  antifreeze?  I guess i can wash out with water to
displace the fluid,  at least in the case of the coolant and then let air
dry?
any other  ideas?  use a wet/dry vac to suck out the fluids so theyll dry?
 or
get new paddings and toss the saturated  ones?