Re: [Tigers] Mounting points

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mounting points
From: Mark Burnett <2mbb@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 18:30:49 -0700 (PDT)
I've have R&R'ed my engine a few times, by myself.  I have always taken it out
from underneath.  The front end does need to be lifted, but not too high as I
roll the engine/trans in and out through the wheel well.  I built a rolling
cradle for the engine that rests on the oil pan mounting flange, and I have a
cheap harbor freight transmission dolly/scissors jack that I put under the
transmission.  to lift the engine, I purchased a lifting plate that mounts to
the carburetor flange on the intake manifold.  With the scissors jack, I can
lift the transmission independently and change the "tilt" of the assembly.  I
did cut the strap ears off the transmission dolly, but I don't remember if that
was for the tiger project or something else.

lift plate is similar to this:  http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/80044/10002/-1
harbor freight dolly:
 http://www.harborfreight.com/450-lb-capacity-transmission-jack-39178.html

tigers@autox.team.net