Re: [Tigers] Electronic Ignition

To: "'Robert J. Wanty'" <rjw@wengco.com>, <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electronic Ignition
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 12:54:20 -0400
Bob
        I have been using a Pertronix ignition system for about 30 years
with no problems; stock 260 engine and distributor.
They list a unit just for the dual point distributor with or without vacuum
and it is fairly easy to install and set up.

Accel has or did have a similar part but I have no experience with that
part.

Always check that the advance weights and mechanism has freedom of movement.
You should probably check your advance curve before and after installing any
electronic ignition system just to be sure and check your initial timing.
Anytime you work on the ignition system and change anything, the initial
timing is bound to also change some.

Ron Fraser