Re: [Tigers] 260 Crank Trivia...

To: <drmayf@mayfco.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260 Crank Trivia...
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:15:35 -0400
Mayf
1       C3AE-N = this is the casting # representing C3AE-6303-N which is
Ford part # C3AZ-6303-F

2       Are you sure it is a 5C?  Is it by itself?  Sometimes there is a
harness number inside a triangle

3       X is a normal casting mark as is a 1M marking

4       5D as w/ #2; I don't have a good idea.  Are they cast in or struck?
Struck could be an inspection mark.

Information from Bob Mannel's Book - Mustang and Ford Small Block V8

Ron Fraser