[Tigers] Trunk and leaking exhaust

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Trunk and leaking exhaust
From: Rob Bernardino <crbernardino@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 06:29:06 -0700
Great ideas. However, I don't need a piece of paper. There is a big gap, and
the trunk is truly bent and doesn't seal. I have doubled up the seal with some
home depot weather seal and it still seams to leak. As an experiment, I am
taping the seams closed around the trunk with painters tape; I let you know if
it makes a difference. Regardless, I need a new trunk because it visibly is
wrong.

One question for the group, any thoughts of exhaust length past the body. My
exhaust pipes protrude about 4-5 inches. Could this be an issue? I notice
modern cars aim for exhausts just in line with the car. Some even have the
exhaust buried, like the 7 series BMW or the VW New Beetle.

I might consider shortening my pipes.
Rob

tigers@autox.team.net