Re: [Tigers] Timing and Carb adjustment

To: "'Jeff Holt'" <jeff.holt7@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Timing and Carb adjustment
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 10:24:02 -0400
Jeff
        What Carb are you using?  What size jets?  Have you checked and
graphed your advance curve?

Idle rpm seems about right.   Initial timing seems high but I don't know
your engine configuration.

Chugging could be a loss of vacuum, carb is too big or advance is too much.

The best way to adjust the carb is with an O2 sensor but that's probably not
an option here.

Engine warm - set idle to 1000 rpm - use vacuum gage to obtain highest
vacuum level while adjusting idle screws - drop rpm to idle - test drive -
if OK your done.

If not adjust idle screws at idle with rpm - find the point where the rpm
drops off turning idle screws in and out - set screws to about the middle of
that range - test drive.

Ron Fraser