Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Storage

To: "'Graham Harlowe'" <gharlowe@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hard Top Storage
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 17:02:52 -0500
Graham
        For me the best place to store the hard top is on my Tiger.  If your
working on your Sunbeam then that may not be handy.

        I have seen some of the carriers and they are very handy for holding
and getting the hard top out of the way.  I'm not sure what you mean by a
natural position. Any carrier has to be built so that the weight of the hard
top holds it down on the carrier and you can't move the hard top off the
carrier with just a touch.  You want the center of gravity of the carrier
and hard top to be as low to the ground as possible and the wheel base large
enough so it is very stable.

        Found this wood carrier and instructions for a TR6 which may give
you some good ideas.  You will probably need to adjust some of the
dimensions for a Sunbeam hard top so examine every piece if you go this
route.
http://www.74tr6.com/hardtopcarrier.htm

You can also find some with Google; hard top carriers and check the images
to for ideas.

I saw one carrier made from tubing with pipe foam insulation or the foam may
have been roll bar padding.

Good luck on your project

Happy New Year to all

Ron Fraser