Re: [Tigers] Big Bucks Kissimmee Florida Auction

To: CoolVT@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Big Bucks Kissimmee Florida Auction
From: Chris Richards <cjrichardsauto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:29:59 -0800 (PST)
Mark-

This is an obvious Tiger "Themed" creation.  Vin indicated it as an Alpine.
Probably will bring a lot more money than I perfect original Tiger and cost
less to create than the real McCoy.   Strange world we live in.

Chris

Well, the first Tiger went for $47K and that seemed top price.
Yesterday's restored Tiger went for $70,000.
I looked at the one coming up today....a hot rod.....427cu.  Not to  start
a controversy, but this hot rod bring up the age old question....how much
of the body has to be Tiger to make it a real Tiger.
In this case, possibly someone saw it before it was cut up and will know
that it is a Tiger.  I would like to be on hand if a TAC committee was
looking it over.  There is just about nothing left from the windshield
forward
that would seem to have Tiger parts.  All the suspension removed,  firewall
cut out an moved back, inner fenders cut out, etc..
I'm sure there might be something left in the rear, but the ad said it has
a fuel cell so there is a chance that the truck floor has been cut out or
modified.  The interior of the car has been gutted.....dashboard and  all.
It has a full  roll cage and some kind of tube chassis at least  under the
hood.
So, the question is.....if a TAC committee could identify Tiger parts only
from the doors rearward would it be considered a Tiger? If it was TACed as
a  Tiger, couldn't someone else have the front end and have another Tiger?

BTW   the Vin, attached with screws to what was left of the  cowling, was
B395011713 LRX. No other tags present.
This link might get you to the site for this car, but not sure.
_http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0112-121235&entryRow=
22&GROUP_ID=10082_
(http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0112-121235&entryRow=2
2&GROUP_ID=10082)