Re: [Tigers] Big Bucks Kissimmee Florida Auction

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Big Bucks Kissimmee Florida Auction
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:54:06 -0800
Mark,
  Interesting points, perhaps somewhat different than typical questions.  I
say that because more common is a car being represented as a real Tiger
(stock or mildly modified) that might not be. In this case it is an obvious
modification. so, it is a case of deliberate removal rather then "presented
as" (a Tiger) by parts replacement.

A couple of things.  One is that my understanding is that a car is NEVER
declared NOT to be a Tiger.  Cars are only confirmed to have sufficient
elements pointing to authenticity.  So, it might be possible (regardless of
modification) that this 427 car could have enough evidence (should it have
actually been a real Tiger) for confirmation.

But, yea, it seems that there must be cars out there that beg the question,
are they an Alpine with Tiger parts, or are they a Tiger with Alpine parts.
I guess that is why there are three inspectors. It would be interesting to
know if a car was not authenticated and then re-TAC-ed and confirmed by
different inspector group.  The Tiger - Alger story might make for
interesting reality TV.  :-)

Tom

tigers@autox.team.net