Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 37

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 4, Issue 37
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 17:57:31 -0500 (EST)
Many places now consider 100W as "off-road" lights.

In a message dated 2/5/2012 4:59:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TIGEROOTES@aol.com writes:

Tym,

I began using Cibie halogen headlights with 55 watt low  beam and  100 watt
high beam bulbs, back in the late 70s in my Alpine  5.  A few years  later,
bought my Tiger and used the same  lamps.  I didn't improve the  wiring and
it worked fine in both  cars.  By the way, in those days only  Washington
State and  Pennsylvania allowed Halogen bulbs to be used  on-the-road,
limited
to a maximum 55 watts. Washington didn't allow  (rear) amber turn  signal
lenses until the early 80s!

Jim Leach    Pacific  Tiger  Club    Seattle
I was  reading an article in Hemmings Muscle Machines re replacing
incandescent headlamps with halogens.
The article also talks about  utilizing  a wiring harness from Painless
Wiring. Has anyone out  there made this type of  switch.
Maybe it's me getting older, but I  would love to have brighter  headlamps
on my Tiger.

Thanks in advance

Tym McDowell
'66 MK1A (The  Nuclear Banana)