Re: [Tigers] Headlamps

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headlamps
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 20:41:18 -0800
Tym,

  There is the standard Halogen replacement light which is very similar to a
standard incandecent sealed beam. The filiment however is also encapsulated
within a small secondary bulb.  They probably cost about $10 each and are
considered disposable (hence "sealed").

The lights Theo is talking about typically have a replaceable bulb.  The
lense structure is typically flater than a standard sealed beam. The pattern
for light diffusion also differs from a standard sealed beam. Hella, Cibie,
Marchal are some of the manufactures.  These lights typically sell in the
$50-$100 each range.

With 4 light configurations I have run 100 watt, open filiment, clear lense
aircraft landing lights. It  never was an issue as I infrequently used them
and dipped them as soon as they were in sight of another car. But, they
would sure light down the road.

 Light aim and consideration are the two most common issues with lights, not
the type of light used.
Tom

tigers@autox.team.net