Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Cooling
From: Allan Ballard <aballard@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:18:12 -0400
Cc: "dave@munroe.ca" <dave@munroe.ca>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Mark,

My experience has been the opposite.

My stock 260 ran hot, too hot for idling in Atlanta
traffic.

The replacement 289 building ~270 rear wheel
horsepower will idle forever in 100 degree Atlanta
traffic without going over 200 degrees.

The suggestions in the United article Do work.

I forgot to add that I also installed a smaller
pully along with horn hole blocks and a pusher
fan, with a recored stock radiator.

Allan
Mk1a

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 21, 2012, at 1:31 PM, CoolVT@aol.com wrote:

> Allan,
> With a stock engine I think the problem is much easier solved.  Double the
HP and it doubles the trouble.....it seems.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/aballard@ix.netcom.com