[Tigers] Funny thing happened on the way to the Tiger-Forum

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Funny thing happened on the way to the Tiger-Forum
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 22:28:33 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:date:message-id :to:mime-version:x-mailer; bh=ggUHQsdvlEe/fXR+8f51sxg6qwM5b3kgLvnO0CvZ2fI=; b=VpjK1rspZI0XOyOSMWScBMCI7i1sQwLphuhP5BpkvAvPe8YChBc180B2jCizUN5pts pDKuNaWtxY8C3U2bImhngzBxRn0Bn++IPiBlG6ftME4AZr9zUlDExFwjbSv1/oQS/syk 06fEeCgmPVBTtsWBkbnq01CqjT8ihCPKO2rTmY0SzsgkDCW/kDsuWHYdy/hWjAN4hK98 U4coxpZEpRxzYVj7Yh3YcuWNGpI+ueB29XFG6+kNyTDilJA6H3MLrgrRkWQV25CsE0oD Mmtdc3IqhiVDnp/vivjgXw1hSxXyng8ukxSl9TiYKUUbxlXO520C6yuevchOg7bOKakk UETw==
Hi guys,

So, in honor of my dad, and to help Tigers United and the Tiger community, I
have been going through all the archived emails here.  My goal is to bring
together the emails on each subject, and then summarize them.  Sort of like a
"real life" supplement or companion to the Workshop Manual.  I thought it
would be a great tool for people to zero in on the exact thing they need an
answer to.  People are always asking the list questions, to get someone
suggest that they should do a search of the archives first.  The idea was
already started on Tigers United, but it looks like it stopped back in '99.
http://tigersunited.com/techtips/tech_threads/tech_threads.asp

Then I started to notice a trend in the old emails.  There is a group of guys
who routinely answer questions.  One of those guys of course was my dad.  And
8 times out of 10, he would be posting a link to Tigers United with the issue
already addressed.  But, did that end the dialog?  Nope, of course not.
Everything the person ever wanted to know about was just handed to them on a
silver platter.  But it didn't matter.

I kind of attribute this to two things.  The first is that people really want
to have the dialog - the human interaction.  The next is that people are
looking for a specific issue and don't want to read through long articles
themselves, or it's just easier and more efficient to work through the answer
with others.

So, maybe my compilation will all be for naught - and before you know it, I'll
be posting links to Tigers United and the posting will still keep going.  Ha!
I just did this the other day about cooling, and exactly that happened.
Well, on the plus side, I'll learn a great deal.

Ha!