Re: [Tigers] SU Fuel Pump Electronics HELP

To: "rfraser@bluefrog.com" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] SU Fuel Pump Electronics HELP
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 21:00:06 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
That's a capacitor, Jay. It goes across the points.

Theo

On 2012-04-14, at 9:05 AM, " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com> wrote:

> Jay
>    I'm not the electrical guy so I maybe wrong here.
> I have never seen a flat diode.  They are cylindrical with a band mark for
> the - side, I believe.
>
> If there is a number on the component Google it to see what you have.
>
> My first guess is you have a condenser or capacitor.
>
> Capacitor goes parallel to the points
> Diode goes parallel to the coil
>
> That uses up just about all my electrical knowledge; hope it helps.
>
> Ron Fraser

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/theo.smit@dynastream.com

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.