Re: [Tigers] Gas Pedal stop on eBay

To: "Alexander Washick" <alw6464@gmail.com>, "Randy Zimmermann" <zimme008@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas Pedal stop on eBay
From: "Dave Munroe" <dave@munroe.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 17:39:36 -0300
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=munroe.ca; s=google; h=message-id:from:to:cc:references:in-reply-to:subject:date :mime-version:content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer :x-mimeole; bh=KL73bi8UVUHWLWjw9QoQtETfOkBbtT0WUcz67Cs91Io=; b=bMhmFYF1+9MlC+0ZIbRLRGQr67NZfGXhqx4JkZS3ETZ7ZwwWfdXz4xlp72EGOUaVTb uvZhAmVKvpYlyhfqsbnMZLlMiqlnpeWlCJIJZWLomrTUW6XavAWuDyO4FecCb5ouxxT5 9+g0WTTT0qzID/tOf296at1mY5GV9LML7cLyc= d=google.com; s=20120113; h=message-id:from:to:cc:references:in-reply-to:subject:date :mime-version:content-type:x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer :x-mimeole:x-gm-message-state; bh=KL73bi8UVUHWLWjw9QoQtETfOkBbtT0WUcz67Cs91Io=; b=kB8BFloixne/kltrp7QTvJZJOROjy10R3NiZrT1L892Rpon0CzER1qKWh87cHGwOI4 PSs8Gf+1leR/uyUNTg3X9p1HW6csvqHgxHgFyEUIpUqqDXNvzyGC/SsqOPLoNOYIhGYq BDRJNdUgMViEuz72QyVe38dcSUwaZd0kcBv2GspsCzBW7iE6aL0ScreYgsFC2rKjIGuq WP1SNwHyIt5ZwDgQhgDpw1C/iJuvxlIbW9m3FBGXkHMG5ruaITzWhxtz9+dQvz/wPbRn GdbmYaFkPQNpwktnHmj2uKOLHmrzGP38NAVuOdGoo2fdtfNl69A8WSdqvs2HQ4jqO/Xh 7jyQ==
Randy:

It wasn't until I recently installed a new interior that I discovered the two
holes with welded nuts beneath on my tranny tunnel. I had an email from coolVT
- Mark L who pointed out that there is also a throttle stop on the top of the
tunnel consisting of a small bolt with a lock nut threaded into a welded nut
underneath as well.

If you are a relaxed driver who seldom puts the pedal to the medal, you are
not likely to ever suffer a stretched or worse, broken throttle cable or carb
linkage. But if you are want to occasionally smoke the tires or hammer the
throttle, passing a line of slugs, then its wise to have one of these,
properly adjusted, so the worst you can do to the linkage is mash the rubber
stop. I admire your restraint!
Here's a photo of the one I made - installed over the vinyl:

All the best,

Dave