Re: [Tigers] Tiger Mk II wiring

To: "rande@thecia.net" <rande@thecia.net>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Mk II wiring
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:05:01 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi Rande,
The ammeter installation requires that an existing connection in the harness
has to be removed and the ammeter inserted in its place... so if Rootes had
been forward looking enough to pre-wire for an ammeter, there would have to be
a hot link (with appropriate #10 or 3/16" lugs, and securely insulated in the
case an ammeter was not installed) in the area of the ammeter location, with
brown and brown/yellow wires as you noted. I don't have a lot of knowledge
about the OEM Rootes harness or the replacement harness offered by Rick and
others, but I don't think that such a feature had ever been put in. It would
certainly have prevented a lot of botched ammeter hookups.

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.