Re: [Tigers] TOTALLY RESTORED

To: achd73@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TOTALLY RESTORED
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:20:51 -0400
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1337548852; bh=Rksv83Qf6xX5p1K5UC10gCUly08Spud7Qi9GzZl6x/U=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:From:In-Reply-To:Date:Cc:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id:References:To:X-Mailer; b=mYQWGv7iZaRYGFbU6B7KAnlubMTDJGBJikLB4rMaiIZFfvt0wYIhketW2sB/kDjOktWOG0qK0VW0EwVp5NkVOfoFKgbElUNup2L5JbcnUgnZBKQDTyXp2g6IiuWCD4a8rgRWQw5+mZbkj4TiT7m5LAWxUGjM3TSLxfuHeYY35j4= mR9Mb.yF3vb0W3kXzBNX0PymlXwd5CRjLCV47UWnXWdV6FeoXc2spog7_Zx0 LVM0rA9.y_5xo2nLwOWJ_vu7R.jRoaPZyVXmRJRCUr6FSlJ5OSGJwdyuRimR rkrFde.bge1XbPRQ7C4AHZXHxG3aFxp07.jUHQ6K1s0Gw7glO5sdkkEVSFBi DzEkOmUHPOG.vKvDxqY6U5BTRwYYP7SAXciyRZAOXtia_TRAaPLe1QtREDIa rbAFVtMB_N.gbXFQVleGfARDf_oTL6EGypT4Y0CS2Jrk2eFzNrslWjW0M3UU YEGRaD2OIWxx6Obc_HIEyXTREcCn2CJ8cTGAwnNl0gsz.B628E7cc.pk2u4V vguR5M1liF0QJgQOmUTRd_t2kCQqpw4iM7wdnV3_p3uZY.NuKO8GSMhjlXNs WRSbKj0RiYnkSZZVFItc8ha_58BShNg3B50tjbtXquahnpXOMMfSmnJ7fIW_ IlcR0awO_OIexmxkRe6t7NKtkejLGGd.mYoPuFv.eUP19IdQmxi0vBp6x.Al SZxlysndlvIc-
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:From:In-Reply-To:Date:Cc:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-Id:References:To:X-Mailer; b=WVER+7qia8CEwdr6ZYeA9MAP8ZWp++qbhBEfJqBK2GrXzae29LeiK16falmWEbbKouhW7FH09minmnxUd5Z/DLXJzaybbBs3ho9qbp1Pn6GCsKv1OgLthkHQGub4P5ht7I3gT9yXbfv8w4vmcO2aDaGtGs39FLySqVJ4zPRbFCo= ;
if one "dips" their body to restore their tiger (some my say one of the two
best ways to strip it right before a proper restoration), the vin plate must
come off, so in that instance you wont have the "correct" rivets, so
personally if i have to choose a half-assed restoration with original rivets,
or a proper restoration with the vin plate re-riveted, id choose the later,
but just a personal view (as long as i was otherwise confident it was a
tiger).

On May 18, 2012, at 7:04 AM, Tony Somebody wrote:

> Norm- whats your response (answer) as I and others are interested as well?
> Tell us all as I have kind of an idea BUT you are our uneleected- sorta
self
> appointed Mr. Sunbeam Tiger person amonget anyone to ask a question of.
> Thanks and with respect.
> Tony Lang (TtT)

(Bad
> idea because it has as its basis an attempt to deceive the observer.
Discovery
> leads to suspicion that the car is a fake.)
> 2/ Leave it off and explain the circumstances to a prospective buyer. (Good
> option but guaranteed to reduce the value of your car to a knowledgeable
> potential buyer.)
> 3/ Make a nice but obvious replacement that will also trigger some doubt as
> the authenticity of the car to a potential buyer, but leaves you with the
> opportunity to explain its presence.)
>
> The obvious lesson here is that if you have a Tiger without an authentic
VIN

<rootes1@earthlink.net>

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=b63ea59c60ac1d44#cid=B63EA59C60AC1D44&id=B63EA

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/laurin212@yahoo.com