Re: [Tigers] Replacing Soft Top

To: "'Dave Munroe'" <dave@munroe.ca>, "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Replacing Soft Top
From: "jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 13:22:22 -0700
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
Hi Dave

I asked the very same questions on here a couple years ago...

I was told 2 things that stood out...

One was that for the 'concours original' crowd, the exact material for
originality is not available for a MK1A but IS for a MK1... can't remember
the source

The other thing was... buy a cloth top if you can afford it as they look
extremely good when installed ! ( you're probably only ever gonna buy ONE )

I took that advice and ponied up for a Robbins cloth top from S.S.( a little
over double the $ of vinyl ) It looks fantastic and I get a lot of
compliments about it.

Being cloth, it's pretty much immune to stretch and hot/cold ... I actually
installed it in March in a cool shop... the usual fussing and pulling but
was worth it ( I did it by myself! )

Jim
B382000446