Re: [Tigers] Brake Mystery

To: stubrennan@comcast.net, jteepen@usatoday.com, rfraser@bluefrog.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Mystery
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 07:13:59 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
Is there any chance of contamination (oil or grease)  being on one of the
pads?
Mark

In a message dated 5/28/2012 11:03:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
stubrennan@comcast.net writes:

To  answer various questions and comments...

The pull to the left was the  same before and after I replaced ALL THREE
flex
hoses, within the last  week.

The hoses were sourced from one of our trusted suppliers within  the last
month

I did pull the ebrake on and the car remained  straight.

The silicon fluid had been in the new hoses about an hour  before the test
drive this afternoon

Both the L and R calipers bled  normally.

The pedal is nice and firm, so I don't think there is much  air left in the
system.

The pull to the left occurs only during  pedal application.

I did not check for left disk temperatures, the  drive was about 1/2 mile,
and I didn't notice anything like a pull to the  side with the brakes off.

The left disk seemed free when I was putting  the wheel back on after
bleeding.

The pad backing plates were  ground down a bit so they are free in the
calipers

I'll jack it up  and fiddle around some more tomorrow night.  Rain
predicted,
so it  will probably stay in the garage.

Funny thing, Jere, you got Ron's  message before I did.  As of sending
this,
it's not in my inbox or  spam bin yet.

Stu