[Tigers] Photos of Tiger chassis

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Photos of Tiger chassis
From: "rande" <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 13:03:38 -0500
Hi,

A couple of points, and I hope not to ruffle any feathers.

A couple of posters implied that while Joel needed dependable pictures of how
things like brake line and fuel line were routed, to be period correct,
Rootes/Jensen
would ocassionally deviate from the usual setup, so even original factory
photos-if
they ever existed- wouldn't solve his dilemma(sp). Realizing that Tigers were
built on an assembly line, albeit a slow one, would anyone, other than a
Tiger-specific
restorer (Bill Martin, Norm, Dale, Paul R., Mr, Hall) ever come across this?

I, for one, doubt that there was any significant change, at least with the Tiger
1 and 1A, other than the booster mounting, starting around #1233 on the 1A.

Another issue is the job of photographing our cars. The car has been out at
least 45 years. At this point, and probably before, it should have been the
job of individual owners to take advantage of the photos of cars for sale with
detailed images of suspension and chassis, and create their own library,
together
with the photos taken pre-restoration of their own car. If there is any question
about 'borrowing' photos from a commercial website, you could always ask for
permission and tell the site why you would like the photos. Remember the red
Mark II from Fantasy Junction for sale recently. Did anyone save those photos?

Another issue relates to keeping your old parts. One of the first tech tips
in the C.A.T. Shop Notes book reads something like, "don't throw anything out.
Save it, even if it's broken. It can always serve as a template."

Look, a lot of you are friends I've made at various Tiger meets, and I know
this may read as a rant, but documenting our cars, in the end, needs to be an
individual effort, we can't leave it to organized groups who intend to do it
for us, but can't.