Re: [Tigers] My understanding

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My understanding
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:01:37 -0800
To be fair, there are not all that many cars out there where the only
"official" difference is on a VIN tag that is pop-riveted on.  Ford V8s and
trannys are relatively easy to obtain - and a change that many Alpine
owners might want to do anyway - and even easier when a dead Tiger is
available.

Other companies have better records of the cars and VINs stamped onto
various parts of the cars.

Sure there are other marques where the hi-po versions can be copied, and
are.  It just that Tigers are part of that group - and those other marque
owners are probably just as concerned about fakes (unless they are buyers
who are drunk at an auction with some knucklehead in their face egging
them - which I've never understood.  Guess it works).