Re: [Tigers] Spring startup

To: "'Jeff Holt'" <jeff.holt7@gmail.com>, "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Spring startup
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:47:27 -0400
Jeff
        When the starter motor is running there is 12v going to the coil -
White/ Blue wire.  When you turn the key to Run position the White wire on
the ignition switch goes through the Tach to the ballast resistor to the
coil.

        Your able to fire the engine in start position.  Run position it
quits.

Check all along the white wire from the ignition switch to the coil for good
connections or bad wires.

Sometimes a ballast resistor will short to ground.

Its possible the fuel system is the problem too.  Starting condition would
go to no start at all if true.

Can you hear the electric fuel pump work?
If no; check that the fuel pump is working
If yes.
Is the fuel bowl of the carb full of fuel?
If no; fuel filter or line maybe clogged.
If yes; system should be OK.

Ron Fraser