Re: [Tigers] Fuel Lines and Fittings

To: Karl Adey <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1368935265; bh=Pa4x6Qo1fm3pWi+DwzqvWOr0cEr39WzCL2/vhG+Wj3I=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=FEO62y/1itxJR1p9ERfueMoHAWqVjdRa4zDCOTV7/LyE/jf8Wgp10MYpAgBEucPn1 3kohZ6tHhpzs9UUMsVglm/61qtsY2cUTUMGyLnlf7IYrKC6LZTG9flwSwGdnSae3L6 oc+vSXGGptxfKGI0e6rfQCPyWWvPwwJWaweEuSB/uy7hpnMvRS/6FtNCnKyLN6W5YO lvR9uYgnih0Nx+rcV8tg20+V0AkTcA/FnfU/avoJ/us7WedTZ9BGDL4HsSKJ2YKfsK put/SNMscHqEv8Aj+YuSgZWNihytYlDqw+OxEaPI32Qxp5KjFgb5gfzzUYj7b7Vu5v i34FSq3acTjHA==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Lines and Fittings
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 03:47:45 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: The LIST Post <tigers@autox.team.net>
Hi Karl,

I might could help a little. I just replaced the stock system on my car with
3/8 inch line and a new fuel pump in the trunk on my Mark 1A. Unfortunately I
am not looking to get rid of any of that plumbing.

You say you are looking for routing info. I gather the PO did not keep the 5/16
lines and just cut off the connectors at the pump? If so are you looking to
install all new 5/16 lines? I know there is a company that makes reproduction
stock fuel lines for the Tiger and other classic cars. I do not know the name
off hand but am sure someone on the List has that info. As I recall they are
not cheap.

The routing from the tank crossover tube to the pump takes a very contorted
path as it works its way around the side of the Alpine spare wheel well, up the
back side of the forward trunk wall, over the panhard rod and axle cavity and
down and across to the pump. Without having an example to follow, I think it
would be very hard and tedious to duplicate this section by hand. My car is
just on jack stands and I cannot seem to get that piece out without cutting it
somewhere in the middle. Something I am reluctant to do at the moment. When the
car is running again, I will get the car on a lift and hopefully be able to
snake that section out.

If you are looking just to reattach a stock pump to the existing lines with
some short sections of line and rubber hose, I think you will find that the
pump connectors are BSP sizes and threads. I saw on another forum not long ago
that there is a company in Indiana that carries a lot of those types of
fittings and connectors. I can look for that if you like. Obviously you would
need to know what to ask for, but supposedly the are very helpful people.

Let me know what you would like in the way of specific photos and I will gladly
see what I can do.

Gene