Once upon a time, I smelled something burning in my trunk........
Immediately I shut down all electrical systems
I VERY QUICKLY removed the stuff in the trunk, then the Tiger floor and
traced the heat and smolder to...
the battery ground wire, which had fried at where it makes its chassis
ground connection. Imagine my surprise.
Went to the NAPA store with the cable in hand. Got a 'same length'
replacement. Cleaned up the connection point and installed ground cable. No
But what an unpleasant surprise. I hate smoke and fire. Reminds me of when
my carb puked gas into the paper air filter element and then starting a
fire. But...that's another story.