Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?

To: "'Jay Laifman'" <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, <CoolVT@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 14:55:29 -0400
Cc: 'Tiger's Den' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Jay
        As with any time you are looking for the Root cause of a problem -
never say that part can't be the problem.
Always check everything from battery to starter, from ignition switch to
solenoid, everything.

        The internal wire diagram I have of the starter solenoid shows that
the "S" terminal- Ign switch WR wire should have continuity to ground or the
base of the solenoid only.   None of the other Lugs have continuity to
ground.  Check your ground at the solenoid and the bolts holding it to the
body.

        Biggest problem working on the solenoid, besides its position, is
you really need to use 2 wrenches to get the nuts off the lugs otherwise you
might shear a lug off and then it is replacement time.

Ron Fraser